Your heart is the reason why you’re still alive. Thanking God that it is still pumping is not enough. You have got to take care of it. What you eat should be healthy for your heart. But do you know WHAT is healthy for your heart? The list is huge but following foods also count as healthy food choice to prevent a great many heart diseases:
- Oatmeal: Eating unprocessed oatmeal lowers down blood cholesterol. Cholesterol is the main culprit of most of the life threatening cardiovascular diseases.
- Raisins: Enriched with potassium, raisins can help you control hypertension which is not good for your health.
- Salmon: Enriched with selenium and omega-3 fatty acids, baked or grilled salmon improves the heart’s metabolic activity and protects the heart from oxidative damage.
- Dark Chocolate: Chocolate good for heart? Cool. Choose chocolate containing 70% cocoa because it is said to be relieve hypertension.
- Liver: Enriched with good fats, liver is good food for your heart.
- Cauliflower: Not a delight, but cauliflower is packed with antioxidants and is also rich in fiber content. It contains allicin, which proves to lower cholesterol and also reduce the chances of having a MI.
- Blueberries: Enriched with powerful antioxidants called resveratrol and flavonoids blueberries protect the heart.
- Green tea: Green tea not only is good for heart health but it has a lot more health benefits to offer. It reduces high BP and the ingredients present in it such as catechin and flavnoids offer anti-oxidant benefits.