Strawberries are no doubt most delicious fruit that we have on earth, at least for some people. To know the health benefits and nutritional information is also important. Let us see what a cup of strawberries have to offer:
Protein: 0.96 grams
Fiber: 2.9 grams
Minerals in Strawberries:
There are abundant minerals present in strawberries. These are:
Calcium - 23 mg
Sodium - 1 mg
Potassium - 220 mg
Manganese - 0.556 mg
Copper - 0.069 mg
Iron - 0.59 mg
Magnesium - 19 mg
Selenium 0.6 mcg
Phosphorus - 35 mg
Zinc - 0.2 mg and others in minute amount.
Vitamins in Strawberries:
These small reddish fruits not only are tasty adorable and healthy but they are also overloaded with vitamins. These include:
Vitamin C - 84.7 mg
Vitamin A - 17 IU
Vitamin B6 - 0.068 mg
Niacin - 0.556 mg
Vitamin B1 (thiamine) - 0.035 mg
Pantothenic Acid - 0.18 mg
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) - 0.032 mg
Vitamin K - 3.2 mcg Vitamin E - 0.42 mg
Folate - 35 mcg
Health benefits of strawberries are:
- They are good for eyes as well because a recent research study reveals that if you eat two to three strawberries a day this will lessen your chances of having macular degeneration.
- Strawberries are rich in antioxidants which are good for the body.
- Strawberries contain phenols which are popular for their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Other than that, strawberries also have anti-cancer properties. They are rich in such chemical substances that protect the cells from damage.
- Talking about the beneficial minerals that strawberries contain, manganese acts as an anti-oxidant as well as anti-inflammatory agent. It is also good for healthy bones and manganese together with Vitamin K and potassium strengthens the bones.
- Because of the fiber content present in strawberries, they are good for our digestive system and also good for those who are aiming to lose some pounds. This is because of the special property of fibers to stay inside the stomach and move slowly.
- Strawberries are packed with vitamin C with strengthens your immune system and reduces the blood pressure as well. It also has many vital functions within the body.